Canadian Tire is Committed to Making a Difference
For 90 years and as one of Canada’s most trusted companies, Canadian Tire has been committed to being a responsible corporate citizen - in the community, the environment and in business. This commitment is integrated into our brand, values, operations and business strategy and is guided by these aspirations:
In The Community
- Community initiatives with a lasting impact through Canadian Tire Jumpstart.
- Employment practices that foster employee engagement, diversity, professional growth and health and well-being.
- Canadian Tire's business sustainability approach is to mitigate business risk and cost and pursue business opportunities that provide environmental benefits. Doing good for the environment is good for business – that’s the bottom line.
- Profitably grow the business without increasing the net carbon footprint of the economy.
- Elminate unnecessary packaging while sending zero waste to landfills.
- Provide innovative products and services that meet customer' needs without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their needs.
- Corporate governance and ethical business practices with clear disclosure of financial results and key non-financial items.
- Responsible operations including compliance with laws and regulations, and the responsible procurement of goods and services.
- Providing strong returns to shareholders, paying fair share of taxes and fostering innovation and entrepreneurship.