The Canadian Tire Gas+ offering is the best of two worlds — the independence of running your own business and the support and infrastructure of a major retailer.
What you can expect from Canadian Tire Gas+
- Investment confidence by being part of a financially secure and progressive retailing organization with over 55 years experience in the marketplace
- A well-established business site with above average sales and customer counts
- Low capital investment: no requirement to purchase land or major assets
- Proven business systems which include a competitive management commission and various allowances to help you cover costs associated with operating a gas bar
- One of Canada's most popular loyalty programs - 'Canadian Tire Money'
- National buying power and access to key wholesalers for merchandise and inventory
- Marketing support and promotions
- A thorough two-week, hands-on training program and ongoing guidance
- Freedom to hire, train and manage your own employees
What We Expect from You
- A passion for exceptional customer service
- A contract with Canadian Tire is a personal one and does not apply to groups or partnerships
- Solid business acumen and a good understanding of how business operates, including all accounting and administrative functions
- A full-time commitment with a hands-on management style of operation is critical
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to successfully manage a team
- Ability to meet standards and follow pricing guidelines
- Proficiency with Microsoft (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- An investment of between $30,000 and $70,000 (depending on the size and type of operation) for the merchandise inventory.
- A bank letter of credit to secure the gas inventory. This amount can vary between $10,000 and $50,000
- A separately incorporated company to transact a legal agreement between you and Canadian Tire Gas+